Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where has the time gone?!


So, my daughter is 17 years old, a senior in high school and graduates this school year.......where in the world has 17 years gone?


It seems like just yesterday, I was having my C-section and wondering what her future would hold.


Yes, I have plenty of pictures and a book with awards, report cards, activities and such, but I guess I'm just melancholy that my little girl is almost an adult.


I've always been a very emotional person and can cry at the drop of a hat....I even cried when she drove off for the first time alone with her new driver's license....I've already warned her about her graduation because I'm sure the tears will flow! I just need to psyche myself up to not have an all out cry, but to save it for later!


Anyway, I guess all I can do is keep praying for her everyday to make the right choices and trust in what we have taught her......someone please pass the tissue, I'm tearing up already....

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my! We sound alike. My daugher turned 18 this past July and she just started college. It really freaks me out because like you I remember the c-section like it was just yesterday!
Kimmis Krazy World
Flipping Adventures
Kims Kountry Kitchen
Postcard from Somewhere
Busy Bee Village
Talk Time with Kim

Emily said...

I dread the day my babies graduate! It broke my heart when my youngest started Kindergarten this year!

Emily
Mama and Hustler???

Totally TV!

Barefooted Me

Digital Photography Today

Great MOMS Think Alike

For the Love of GOSSIP

Marrid66 said...

I know what you mean. It seems like time just goes by faster and faster.

Karen aka marrid66

http://www.4catsmakemecrazy.com/
http://www.dabossandbryguy.com/
http://www.hereoncolumbiaave.com/